In tunnels SIDEis is able to perform 3 functions:
- Primarily functional lighting, meeting the regulatory requirements of
- luminance, general, longitudinal and transverse uniformity on the carriageway,
- luminance, and uniformity on the wall up to 160cm from the ground;
- illuminating the lateral platform which is now illuminatd by the pickets;
- the step marker, possibly adding green light signal modules.
In the event of smoke in the tunnel, the benefits of a light emitted laterally from below are similar to those we have seen in case of fog:
- makes the fog wall 8 times lower,
- is under the field of vision,
- delimits the perimeter of the road.